(1) Article III of the MPFSEE Agreement stipulates "SEEBRIG will be available for possible employment in UN or OSCE – mandated, NATO- or EU- led conflict prevention and other peace support operations", except peace enforcement operations. The deployment issue is placed on the top of the priority list of member nations.
(2) In the regard, on the 1st May 2001 the Brigade was declared by the Chairman of the PMSC operationally ready for UN, OSCE, EU and NATO led PSO. The initial SEEBRIG Force offer was forwarded to SHAPE (NATO) in November 2002. In April 2003, PMSC declared SEEBRIG ready to participate in a Peace Support Operation under NATO Command.
(3) A NATO team from JFC Naples was assigned by SHAPE to evaluate and certificate HQ SEEBRIG. From September 2003 to March 2004 there were negotiated and agreed criteria and evaluation program.
- Steps of NATO evaluation
- Initial Operational Capability (IOC) Evaluation
- Full Operational Capability (FOC) Evaluation
JFC Naples was tasked by NATO to conduct the evaluation process and to certify the SEEBRIG as:
- Ready with limitations, or
- Not ready for NATO led Peace Support Operations with a corresponding recommendation to SACEUR.