Chairman of SEDM CC & PMSC (2019 – Present)
Mr. Petro Koçi, Deputy Minister of Defence of Albania
Chairman of the SEDM Coordination Commitee (SEDM-CC) and Politico-Military Steering Commitee (PMSC)
Petro Koçi was born in Vlora, Albania, on 15th February 1961, in a family with patriotic traditions.
He attended the elementary and secondary education in the city of Fier. After this, he won the competition to attend the High School of Foreign Languages “Asim Vokshi” in Tirana and subsequently the Faculty of History-Philology, University of Tirana.
- 1992 – 1996 Member of the City Council of Fier;
- 1996 – 1997 Member of the District Council of Fier;
- 1997 – 2009 Member of the Parliament of the Republic of Albania throughout 3 legislatures (1997-2001, 2001-2005, 2005-2009). During this period he has been part of the Security Committee (2005-2008) and Foreign Policy Committee;
- 1998 – 1999 Minister of Interior;
- 2001- 2005 Chairperson of the Permanent Delegation of the Assembly of Albania to the Council of Europe;
- 2005 – 2008 Vice President of the Security Committee in the Parliament of Albania;
- 2009 – today Leader of PSV91 Party;
- 2014 – today Deputy Minister of Defence
- 2018 – today Member of the Secretariat of Socialist Party
Career outside politics
Published two books in journalism: “Freedom is a naught” and “Citizen like you!”
November 2012, conferred the title “Doctor Honoris Causa in International Diplomacy” by the Academy of Universal Global Peace;
Albanian (native language), English, Italian, knowledge of German.